Introduction





My name is Karen Edwards, I am 42 years old and have a 16 year old son called Mitchell. I live on a potato farm in the beautiful Kamberg Valley which is some where by Giants Castle in Kwa Zulu Natal, south Africa and work as a freelance photographer. After leaving school 25 years ago I found myslelf with the oppertunity to go back to school and re-educate myself and this blog is a diary of what I learn in the next year of mature student life - and no I did not ever think that I would ever be refered to as mature anything!

The blog is also where my lecturer (Phillipa Cameron) checks up to see if I understand anything she is trying to teach me - Good luck Phil!

so here goes Karen E 101...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Olives Unlimited

We were given a basic write up on Jenny Hall from olives unlimited and asked to write an editorial piece:

What started off as a a small hobby, marinating olives for friends and family has now grown into a thriving business "It has been a huge thrill and challenge watching the business grow like it has for the past 15 year's" says Jenny Hall owner of Olives Unlimited.
Jenny's love and passion for food has grown and she had done many food courses over the years, "I take great pleasure in creating products to tantalize the taste bud's" laughs Jenny and with products such as French olives; Greek olives; smoked olives and chilly olives you are sure to find some to satisfy your cravings.
After the success of olives unlimited Jenny moved on to purchase a little company called Bella Melba "I have expanded this business ten times the original size over the past four years and we now produce four flavours of Melba toast; Plain, olive, garlic, and spring onion, and we are very excited to be adding two more flavours to our line by the end of next year'" explains Hall.
Not one to be idle Jenny expanded her world into preparation of fine foods and acquired 'Taste' which produces yummy jams such as olive and sweet chilly jam; chilly ginger jam; just chilly jam; red and white onion marmalade as well as green mazavaroo. "I have got a few new products that I am working on" says Jenny mischievously "But it's all still top secret".
Jenny explains "All our products are packed and  labeled with lots of love and thought, and as suppliers to Woolworths the quality of out products need to be of the highest standard"
Olives unlimited; Bella Melba and Taste produce are sold all over the country. "The Meander; Kwa Zulu Natal; Clarins; Freestate and Port Edward are my strongest markets but I feel privileged and blessed to have these gifts and to share them with South Africa" says Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment