Introduction





My name is Karen Edwards, I am 42 years old and have a 16 year old son called Mitchell. I live on a potato farm in the beautiful Kamberg Valley which is some where by Giants Castle in Kwa Zulu Natal, south Africa and work as a freelance photographer. After leaving school 25 years ago I found myslelf with the oppertunity to go back to school and re-educate myself and this blog is a diary of what I learn in the next year of mature student life - and no I did not ever think that I would ever be refered to as mature anything!

The blog is also where my lecturer (Phillipa Cameron) checks up to see if I understand anything she is trying to teach me - Good luck Phil!

so here goes Karen E 101...

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Hand

Our task was to write a short story describing a hand:

The telephone rang and slowly a hand reached out to pick up the receiver; there was a jangle of cheap bracelets and my eye was drawn to the shiny diamante rings that reflected in the light. The skin was soft although you could see from the tiny wrinkles that these hands knew what a hard days work meant. Long plastic blood red nails curled under; hunched as if in stalking mode and ready to be unsheathed at any sign of danger; deadly to the victim. Elegantly the hand completed it journey and delivered the mouth piece to it's owner:
'Hi this is Cindy 0800 sexy phone, what's your pleasure honey?'

No comments:

Post a Comment