Introduction





My name is Karen Edwards, I am 42 years old and have a 16 year old son called Mitchell. I live on a potato farm in the beautiful Kamberg Valley which is some where by Giants Castle in Kwa Zulu Natal, south Africa and work as a freelance photographer. After leaving school 25 years ago I found myslelf with the oppertunity to go back to school and re-educate myself and this blog is a diary of what I learn in the next year of mature student life - and no I did not ever think that I would ever be refered to as mature anything!

The blog is also where my lecturer (Phillipa Cameron) checks up to see if I understand anything she is trying to teach me - Good luck Phil!

so here goes Karen E 101...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Class work 24th May 2011

We each had to create two characters describing their Physical appearance; age; family etc. then we were given a random topic which these two characters were arguing about '- mine was sex and my characters were;
Humphrey the Camel (a 17 year old camel who is sweet but always being teased by his brothers; he works as a pack camel) and Sebastian Willows (23 year old lead singer for a rock band from Toronto and he has a girlfriend called Nat.
Object to write dialogue

Sebastian Willows put down his microphone and stepped down from the stage as Humphrey tumbled into the bar where he was playing.
Humphrey was in a very bad mood as his day had been just too much; 'I am just sick and tired of my brothers' he growled he off loaded his camel pack and plonked himself on a free bar stool.
Sebastian's girl, Nat also noticed Humphrey, as it was not every day that one came across a camel in a bar in Toronto!

The bar man took  Humphrey's order and busied himself behind the counter. Sebastian and Nat approached the camel and introduced themselves and soon the three some where chatting happily.

There was a television in the background; The news presenter was announced breaking news - the President had just passed the new controversial law giving Camels and humans the right to marry.

Humphrey commented that this was great news - Human woman had always held a certain fascination for him.
Sebastian slammed his glass down on the table - Nat and Humphrey jumped. 'It's just not right, not natural he shouted "I mean camels and humans?'
Nat smiled at Humphrey , she privately had always fancied a bit of camel and thought that the law had been pretty harsh on the whole camel / human thing ' Seb!  Chill dude, I mean it's up to the individual really, don't you think?'
Humphrey returned Nat's smile with a wink; the girls always fell for his long eyelashes; 'Times have changed man' he turned back to Sebastien 'and you just gotta move forward with the times or get lost in the past, that's what I say'
'You can not be serious' screamed Sebastian as he roughly grabbed Nats hand and attention.
'Man, I am just saying..."Humphrey grinned as he gently moved his left hind leg closer to Nats under the table and gently began rubbing her calf with his hoof.

No comments:

Post a Comment